Thursday, May 7, 2009

Baby Straightjacket.... uh, I mean, Miracle Blanket

When Justin and I were in the hospital, they had a bunch of videos we could watch. One of them was "Happiest baby on the block," which said that swaddling is a good way to help calm your baby down.


Well, we tried, and tried, and tried, and no matter how we swaddled Alex, he would bust out and startle himself awake. After two weeks, I ordered a Miracle Blanket, and let me tell you, the results were AMAZING. I was able to get 3 hours of sleep! For the past 3 weeks, he has been sleeping through the night, and I attribute most of it to swaddling him in the Miracle Blanket. No matter how hard he struggles, he cannot break out of it.


Yeah, he might look like he's in a baby straightjacket, but he will grow out of the Moro reflex sometime in the next two months or so, and he won't need to be swaddled any more. In the meantime, he will be my little burrito.

(sorry for the poor picture quality - I took this last night with my phone and was trying really hard NOT to wake him up)

No comments:

Post a Comment