Saturday, May 2, 2009

Wil E Coyote

On Thursday, Alex went in for his two month immunizations shots. It wasn't supposed to be until May 13, but we're going to be on the road that day to go see his godfather's Army graduation ceremony, and I *really* didn't want to have to try to find a hospital somewhere between here and BFE Alabama in the off chance that something went wrong.

Alex now weighs 12lbs 10oz and is still 23.25" long. His head is 39.5cm.

After we talked to the doctor a bit, we got him ready for his shots. He was to receive one oral vaccine (Rotavirus), and 3 shots (DTaP/Hep B/Polio, hib, PCV). The oral vaccine he took just fine, and was smiling at the nurse. She then grabbed a shot, and put it in his leg. I could just see his reaction change from happy to OMG WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME?!?!?!?! I gave him his pacifier to try to calm him down, and once the 3 shots were over (2 in the right leg, one in the left), and he got his band-aids (which were Wil E Coyote), I cuddled with him for a bit, we got him dressed, then I dropped Justin back off at work. We came home and I fed him and put him to sleep in his swing - where he proceeded to sleep for about 5 hours. I eventually turned off his swing (which is guaranteed to wake him up), just so I could feed him again. He was cranky the rest of the day (but I would be too), but by Friday morning he was all smiles again!

No comments:

Post a Comment